Friday, October 18, 2013

statrep2


I made a piece for the show which crumbled into dust. I made another piece as a substitute. It broke when I tried to move it to CSB. It’s supposed to by a representation of myself so it’s fitting that it’s completely fucked up and looks like shit. If I’m too incompetent to make even the simplest of pieces then I probably shouldn’t be making art.

 
If my substitute piece is unable to be shown due to the quality or the fact that I am unable to deliver what I initially promised then I guess I won’t show anything this year. At this point I'm fed up and am half tempted to dispose of that piece. I'll let my peers decide for themselves what will become of that piece. I will not be around to defend nor condemn it.
 
I have a third collection of work that I do not consider to be art. It is composed of the failures which I have destroyed.
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment